At Autobizz.com.my, we want to do everything we can to help you sell your used car quickly and easily. A big part of that objective is preventing fraud and looking out for your safety as you move through the process.
Autobizz.com.my have compiled some general guidelines that can help you prepare and safeguard your interests when advertising and selling a car.Tips for Personal Safety
- Get information about the prospective buyer, including full name, address, phone number, driver's license number and insurance information. When you initially communicate with the potential buyer, mention that you'll need these documents before the test drive.
- Scout out a logical route for the test drive in advance. Choose streets that don't have a lot of traffic, but don't venture into secluded areas.
- It's best to meet in a public place, like the parking lot of a shopping center. And keep your cell phone with you.
- Decide whether you're more comfortable going with your buyer on the test drive or staying behind. This is a judgment call on your part, made more easily if you have someone with you.
- If at all possible, bring a friend or family member along. And make sure someone knows where you're going, the route you expect to take and when you expect to return.
- If you let the potential buyer take your car by himself, ask him to leave his keys while you wait, and be very specific about the maximum length of time you expect him to be gone.
- To ease all this hassle, sell to used car dealer.